Happy Trippy Tuesday, everyone!!
Yep, it’s time for another “first” of a series!! This time around, things are getting trippy.
What is that supposed to mean?? I haven’t heard that word since my drunk uncle told his ever-changing, half-made-up Woodstock stories last Thanksgiving!
Well the word “trippy” is defined as…
I HAVE FINALLY DONE IT!
After countless chocolate purchases, greased baking dished, flour combinations, and baking soda/powder imbalances, I’ve finally gotten it right!
Get excited, because a recipe for the fluffiest, most moist and flavorful, TRIPPIEST black bean brownies is coming you’re way.
1 can black beans
1/4 cup chickpea brine (I used the beans in hummus, later)
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
3/4 and 1/4 cup sugar divided
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
1 1/4 flour
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 flax eggs
1/3 cup cocoa powder
6 Ghirardelli Chocolate Squares 72% Cocoa chopped (or any dairy free chocolate)
1/2 tsp sea salt more for topping
3/4 cup non dairy milk
- Grease a 8″ square baking pan, or line with parchment paper and set aside. Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk brine in a standing mixer for about one minute. Slowly add the sugar and whisk for about 30 seconds before adding cream of tartar. It will take quite a while before you notice much change in the consistency don’t lose faith! I keep the whisk at about a speed of 5-6 and it the mixture fluffs up in no more than 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Blend black beans, vanilla, oil, maple syrup, flax eggs, and milk to a high-speed blender and blend until almost smooth.
- Switch out the whisks for mixers and add the bean mixture to the brine fluff. Mix until JUST combined.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the liquid mixture and mix until smooth, with no clumps.
- Reduce speed to 1 and stir in the chopped chocolate.
- Pour into baking pan and top with more topped chocolate and some scattered sea salt.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Slice and bite into to paradise.