Do you ever have a really hard time figuring out what you’re craving? You’re not sure if you’re in the mood for pasta, or curry, or just a stack of vegan pancakes. Happens all the time.
Whenever I find myself in that situation, I head straight to my local fruit stand or fruit market and pick up a perfectly purple eggplant.
Eggplant just does it for me. You can make almost anything out of an eggplant. From rollatini, to brownies, it’s the perfect fruit (surprise!) to use when you want to get those creative-cuisine juices flowing.
The other day, I did just that…I was planning on sautéing the little guy with some spices and tomatoes for dunner when I suddenly felt an urge to try some eggplant chips instead! Best decision. They rocked were amazing with my side of warm Marinara.
So, in honor of Munchie Monday, I’m sharing this easy and delicious recipe with you!
Easy Eggplant Chips
1/3 cup marinara sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp dried rosemary
1 tsp sea salt, more to taste
1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 300°F and line two trays with parchment paper.
- Slice the eggplant into very thin rounds- about 1/8 inch thick.
- Sprinkle them with salt and let sit for 10 minutes. Gently rinse them off with water.
- Place rounds in a bowl and coat with olive oil. Next, add garlic powder, more salt, and rosemary.
- Lay rounds on the trays and bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Dip in warm marinara, crunch, and say “Yum!”
Keep chippin and dippin!