Happy Munchie Monday everyone!! I HAVE NEWS.
My faith has been restored…
My faith in fall, that is!
It all began last evening when the words, “It’s so chilly!” finally got to leave my lips.
My faith continued to grow when I had to go back to my dorm to grab a sweater, this morning!
Syracuse, New York does get cold, after all! Who woulda thought??
I’ve certainly had my doubt about the heat ceasing, and even decided to spend this past weekend, at home, in Magical Manhattan, where I basked in the utter bliss of air conditioning for 48 hours.
While I was there, I jumped on the chance to use a full functioning kitchen, and played with some September favorites! If you hadn’t heard, it’s eggplant and peach season, meaning it’s also time to make a smooth transition from foods with refreshing, tangy flavors, to those that are more smooth, cinnamony, and rich!
These Munchie Monday mini peach cobblers did the trick!!
Makes 12 mini cobblers or 6 large cobblers
1/2 cup oats
1/3 cup + 2 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 cup cornmeal
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 flax egg
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp + 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup craisins
Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325 and line baking tray with cupcake liners
- Prepare flax egg, and allow to solidify in the refrigerator for about five minutes
- Thoroughly combine oats, 1/3 cup sugar, cornmeal, 1 tsp cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Add coconut oil and flax egg. If mixture is too dry, add a tablespoon or two of water or 1/2 tablespoon of oil. The mixture should have a slightly crumby, oatmeal cookie consistency.
- Dice peaches and add to a separate bowl with lemon juice, remaining brown sugar, and remaining cinnamon. Stir just until combined.
- Scoop about one tbsp of oat mixture into each liner and press down to flatten.
- Scoop equal amounts of the peach mixture on top of the crust.
- Bake for 35 mins
- Allow to cool and try not to drool!!