The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Four things I love:
- Jesus’s birthday
- Bible verses about Jesus’s birthday
- Candy cane ice cream
…in that order!
After four long Sundays of Advent, it’s time to celebrate Christmas Day! What better way to do that than with something as festive as Candy Cane Ice Cream?
I’m actually giving this ice cream to a good friend for Christmas (if it hasn’t been devoured by the time I see her)! Although, because it’s so easy to make, I wouldn’t mind whipping up another batch.
It’s incredibly creamy, light, and refreshing! It would be perfect on top of another dessert and delightful in a glass of vegan coquito.
Candy Cane Ice Cream
- 1 can coconut milk chilled overnight
- 1 3/4 cups almond milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 7-8 crushed candy canes
- Scoop out the cream from chilled can of coconut milk and reserve the remaining liquid for another recipe (smoothie!)
- Add almond milk and whip for about two minutes.
- Add sugar, vanilla, and peppermint.
- Mix until well combined and slightly foamy.
- Place mixture in freezer.
- Freeze for about 30 minutes before stirring in crushed candy canes.
- Stir every 30 minutes until frozen.
- Remove from freezer five minutes before serving to allow for easier scooping!
Sending you lots of love and blessings. From my family to yours, Merry Christmas!
Fill your plate and celebrate!