Should auld acquaintance be forgot, and never brought to mind? I can’t say for certain, but I do know that these galaxy doughnuts should be remembered forever.
We’re right on the brink of brand new adventures, crazy experiences, and tons of new recipes.
These galaxy doughnuts pretty much epitomize how this past year has felt. They’re swirly, confusing, sparkly, and fun !
It’s been a heck of a year, but it’s time to bid 2016 farewell, and welcome the magic that awaits us in 2017!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 flax eggs
- 1/2 cup vegan butter/margarine
- 2 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 3 tbsp dairy-free milk
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- Food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and grease doughnut pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients with a whisk together thoroughly.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium-low heat and mix until the margarine is just melted. Mixture should be warm.
- Add the wet mixture to dry and mix until just combined. Dough should be soft and easy to pour.
- Using a tablespoon or piping bag, pour dough into doughnut pan. Smooth out the top of each dough with a spoon, or by gently banging the pan on a countertop.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Invert the hot pan over a cutting board or cooling rack to release the doughnuts. Allow to cool completely before decorating.
- While doughnuts are baking, combine all frosting ingredients except food coloring. Mix well.
- Drop one or two drops of dye of your choice onto different areas of glaze mixture and swirl colors together with a toothpick.
- Hold a doughnut, dip it upside-down into the glaze, and place on a cooling rack or plate to dry. Repeat this process and add more dye when colors disappear or fade.
May your year be full of cheer!